Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kids Say (and Doo) the Darndest things....

Some of my favorite conversations recently have been with my nephew and nieces. Here are a few examples:
Jamison and I were in the living room just hanging out and he randomly says:
Jamison: Cha
Me: Cha-Cha (i like to play along)
Jamison: Cha Cha Cha
Me: Cha
Jamison: Cha, Cha Cha-Cha Cha....Cha.
Me: I think we are speaking Cha-chese
Jamison: What do you mean?
Me: The Cha language
Jamison: Cha (giggles)
Me: How do you think we should say "hello?"
Jamison: Cha Cha Cha-Cha-Cha Cha Cha Cha
Me: Wow, that was pretty lengthy. How, then, would you say "there is a star balloon on the ceiling?"
Jamison: Cha.
~~~~~~~~~~
Paige and I were lounging on the couch when she reached over with her foot and "tickled" me.  I returned the favor by "getting" her bum with my foot
Me: Paigie, I have your bum
Paige: But I don't have a bum
Me: Well then what do you sit on?
Paige: The couch.

Oh those stinkin' kids. They make me laugh and bring me joy. Speaking of stinkers, check out this cutie-pie of a Zoë (check it out, i learned how to type the umlaut!)

Everytime I would hum something she would start bouncing to the music. Isn't she cute? Yeah i thought so too...this is mere moments before what i now refer to as The Great Poop Debacle. Let me tell you a story:

After Zoë finished eating, i took her upstairs to get her out of those jammies and what i thought was only a wet diaper (there was no smell....no smell, no poop...right?)  She was happy as a clam and i thought, apparently mistakenly so, that this would be a rather quick and painless process and we would be back downstairs in no time to join the others.  I laid her on the changing table, with her beaming as i took of her PJ's. Next came the diaper. I opened it up and....oh. my. gosh. Poop up her back, poop flowing out the sides , poop all over the inside of her footsie pajamas. And guess what?  Apparently with the removal of the clothes and diaper little Zo-bo here thought she was a free bird. As i was still trying to gather my senses in response to the volume of poop we had going on, she turned over and made a mad dash to try and crawl out of this whole situation. Yep, you guessed it. Poop was now aaaaalllll over her front and the changing table.  I quickly grabbed her leg (now poop all over me) as she began squeeling as if i was enacting some form of torture by trying to get her clean. After wrestling her a bit (mainly just trying to keep her from leaping off the table) i held her with one hand while i tried to find something to put the diaper in. She. was. screaming. I think if i had had the time, i probably would have too so i can't blame her there.  By the time Jason rushed in to see what was up, i was basically holding her little naked self in mid-air with one hand while i was trying to clean her with a wet wipe with the other hand.  Why did i not lay her down somewhere and pin her with one arm? Mainly because poop was EVERYWHERE that i would have laid her.....and i kept thinking "i can not get poop on my sister's carpet, i can not get poop on my sister's carpet". Jason said "oh my...why didn't you yell for help?" Well, because honestly the whole situation took me by surprise. Sure, its happened to me a couple of times, but not this bad. Not ever. Anyway, Jason finished cleaning her up while i started getting anything with poop on it in the hamper.  Funniest part? As soon as she had a fresh diaper and some clothes on, she was happy as can be as if  the whole thing never happened.  Oh, other funniest thing...A little while later we were playing outside and i went to brush a bug off my arm...only to discover a patch of dried crusty poop on it. All i could do was laugh.

No comments: