Friday, April 9, 2010

Hope You Don't Mind a Good Ramble

I would like to make an announcement.  I just had my last excruciating thursday!!!!!  No more 10 hours at school immediately followed by 10 hours at work.  Oh how sweet will be my life now that i can have a regular sleep schedule!  Speaking of school ending, i have to admit i'm not 100% satisfied with how i finished the semester.  I don't want to make excuses for myself because I am solely responsible, however i feel that the explanation can be boiled down to one word: BURNOUT.  Total burnout. Want to go play with a friend and shirk all my responsibilities because i can't take it anymore burnout.  Don't worry, its not like i stopped going to school or anything, its just that i didn't finish as strong as i would have liked in two of my classes.  Let this be a lesson learned....I am not meant to be a workaholic.  I need playtime.  And I set myself up because i spent the last...well since i got here....only doing work and school and sleep and panic and not doing things that are good for the balance of my soul.  Do you see the key phrase? BALANCE.  On that note, I'd like to leave you with a rant.  Do you know what really annoys me every single day that i'm at school?  People don't let other people off elevators.  They wait patiently for the elevator, but when it finally opens they can't wait one more possible second to let the person trying to get off at that floor make their exit.  They just barge right in and there is this awkward standoff moment where the person trying to exit starts to feel trapped.  Seriously people.  This happens every day. several times. by different people.  It literally blows my mind.  If you wait 3 minutes for an elevator, whats another 3 seconds?  The doors aren't going to close immediately behind the other person like they do in every spy movie.  And the worst part?  Every time i witness this i have to hold my own hand to keep from snatching that person by the bookbag and pulling them back so that the poor innocent person can get off the elevator.  Grow some common sense.

No comments: