Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back here again

I'm back here again folks. You know, that place where you aren't really sure what your near future looks like? Well that is where I currently dwell. I recently received the news that the snow season is in fact over and now...drumroll please...i must find a job. crap. I guess I knew this day could come but I secretly (well, maybe not so secretly) hoped that we would have a good enough season for me to continue to be paid throughout the summer. 'Tis not so my good lads. Thus I am thrown into the dog days of job hunting with hundreds of other villagers trying to find something that pays somewhat decent. I'll be the first one to tell you that I really really despise looking for a job. With a passion. And here's why....at first it can be fairly exciting thinking of new possibilities (to be honest, I like changing what I do from time to time because I get incredibly bored doing the same thing day to day). But pretty soon leads start to dry out and I get hit with panic about being able to make my car payment or whatever bills I may have. Don't these employers know that I can learn pretty much anything? Don't they know that I'm a hard worker and personable? The reality is they don't, unfortunately, which brings me to my next topic of loathing....interviews. I really like being the interviewer, but not so much on the other side of that desk. I always wonder what their impression of me is and what they are thinking about me. Just give me the job already, I won't let you down. Ugh. I'm frustrated. I gotta go.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Don't give up Jilly...maybe you need to look far away...far far away...

I LOVE U
Lala

Katie and joe said...

i hear ya! no fun at all...

Unknown said...

yep, you pretty much see it for what it is. Dad