Thursday, February 5, 2009

My dear friend caffeine

Dear caffeine,

oh how i miss you. It is day number dos without your sweet presence in my life. Without you here, the futon in my office looks increasingly tempting. I find myself often staring into space (okay, that one isn't that abnormal for me) and daydreaming of all of our memories together. Remember those days that we used to spend in sweet embrace during the long, hot summer days of going door to door to door to door? Or what about those times i used to chug you along with your vitamin friends before a grueling spin class? I know your feelings must have been hurt as i cut down to just one energy drink a day, and then even further unil i was only consuming you in the form of sodas. I never meant to hurt you, but the truth is my body just doesn't love you anymore. Its not you, its me. I've grown more and more intolerant to your ways in the last few months, and its just not worth it anymore. I need to do this for my happiness and well-being, so please don't cry. We can still be friends, right?

Forever yours,
Jill

2 comments:

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!!!! I hope you are hanging in there. These storms are where the money is and what you are there for. You can do it!!!
Love, Mom

Laura said...

oh, well said jilly. I should break up with caffeine for good too! I almost cried reading this, from laughter!