Sunday, August 23, 2009

Seriously?

So, lets just suffice it to say i've got alot going on in my world. Trust me, i'll write about that, but right now i just need to vent. I'm really really sick of people stealing things from me. seriously. What, may you ask, is it this time? I had a cup full of change in my car...my just-in-case stash. It was out of site unless you were in the car, and i had been meaning to bring it in. It had about $40 dollars of change, maybe $50. I'm pretty routine about locking my car no matter where i am because i'm paranoid about this kind of thing...but tonight, well...lets just say the one time i forget (mind you in front of my house) something gets taken. Straight up theived. I had come home and it was there, went inside for about an hour, came back out to go pick up my brother and poof it was gone. Its not really so much about the money (although it should be because i'm broke) but i just have a lot of emotional charge on things being stolen from me. It literally makes me tired. I will say it was very cute how Jacob vowed to find out who took it. He even walked around the neighborhood (at midnight) looking for the kids he thinks may have done it. As i'm calming down and processing, i realize i can choose how i want to view this. I can be mad at the unfairness and say "can't i just catch a break?" (which i did say for like the first 10 minutes, its true). Or i can think that maybe whoever took it needed it more than i did. But what i really think is this.....lately i have been receiving A LOT of spiritual growth and understanding. I have also received many great and wonderful blessings that i'm sure i'm unworthy of. So maybe...just maybe...this is that great deceiver himself, trying to tear me down and cause me to be miserable where i have been experiencing much joy (and stress, but lots of joy). And maybe...just maybe...Heavenly Father allowed it to happen to see how i would react. Would i murmur like Laman and Lemuel and even Lehi when things didn't go my way? Or would i see it for what it is, let it roll off my back, and be grateful that something worse was kept at bay (such as having my car stolen. to be honest, i'm not 100 % sure i would make it through that one again... but come what may). While i feel like i'm choosing to see the bigger picture, i must admit shame that my reaction time was slower than what i would have liked. But i am progressing, though i am a spiritual infant and have much to learn, and am grateful for the experiences that test my faith. Even though it is not by any means fun, i know that it is totally worth it in the grand scheme of things. How grateful i am for a Heavenly Father who is wise beyond measure, who sees things i don't and places exactly what i need in my path so that i may one day become who He knows i can be. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

Good save! You are getting there...just keep plugging along.
I love you.
Mom