Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My friend Jill


This is my friend Jill. Isn't she cute? I used to know her really well. She has white blonde hair, often pulled up in pigtails (sorry, i couldn't locate a pigtail picture) and rosy red cheeks ripe for the pinching. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of her, just a turn around the corner ahead of me...you know, when you can see the back of someone for just a second before they make that next turn? Every once in a while she comes to hang out with me, sometimes staying a week or even longer if I'm lucky enough. Most often, however, our encounters are short colorful bursts of brilliance and freedom...when i feel grounded and safe and that all is right with my world. Please Jilly, come back and play. We can hold hands and skip rope....

2 comments:

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

It will be okay....I promise.
Love, Mom

Laura said...

this made me cry...really cry. I love you dear sister. I see jilly in you...all the time. She has grown, and blossomed, and yes, might lose her way. But she is there...she is you.
I love you.
La La