Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Musical Musings

I love music. Like speaks to my heart and calms my soul kind of love. Interesting thing though...some days, i literally can't stand for anything except piano music. With maybe some strings thrown in. If I even hear a voice it grates my nerves. Now what sense does that make? I have a theory. Piano has always made me feel grounded. Like everything is right with the world. I suppose that's why I stuck with the lessons all those years. And why to this day, when my soul feels in turmoil, putting my hands on those keys instantly melts my sorrow away. My only wish is that I played more, and that I was better than I am. Maybe I should work on that.

1 comment:

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

I know playing the piano helped me get through my teen years. I didn't have tons of "stuff" like other people, but I had siblings and parents and some times I would get angry....so I would go and play as hard and loud as I could. I always felt better. I know where there is a piano that is calling your name to come visit!